My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ask, receive

I'm a believer in the concept that what you put out to the universe comes back to you, whether energetically, or in some other form.

In my last post, I mentioned two things I wanted, and in the span of 24 hours I had both.

Yesterday I finally made it to IKEA with Nate, and my brother and sister-in-law.



We had a blast, and I got a really cool table for my laptop, since I'm too short to reach our coffee table with ease. We also got some glasses and a great picture for one of our bedrooms.


My second wish was to see the Harlot. And guess what. Denise made it happen! (p.s. where the hell is your blog girl?) On April 20th we're heading up to Lexington, KY, since that's as close as the Harlot is going to get to Georgia, and we're gonna spend a weekend in horse and tobacco country. Woot! We might even have to drive through Nashville on the way home, since neither of us has ever been.

Since the universe is in a giving mood, I'd like a kickass, fun job that let's me work part time (30 or so hours/week), but pays me more than I was previously making (the universe knows how much), and doesn't freak out if I work from home, and also lets me wear whatever I want. Thanks. Plus, a million bucks couldn't hurt. While you're at it and all.

I, too, am in a giving mood, and a few of you asked me to post shots last weekend's yarn knitted up. From the cast on edge to the purl ridge is knit back and forth, then I magic looped it and knit in the round like a sock.

Tulips:



Bruise:



I think my mother-in-law is getting the Tulips, because she just fell in love with it, and she likes bright funky colors. I'll probably be making some more because it was just so much fun.

I also got a shipment of new dye colors to enhance my new obsession:



And now I have a new colorway drying on the deck.



Nate's comment was that I should be knitting for the Suicide Girls, so this one is called Punk Rock Girl. It's gonna make some seriously fun socks.