My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Quandary

Thanks for all the well wishes! Nate and I had a great time on our anniversary! It's so nice to be with someone who really gets me, even (and especially) when I screw up (big).

I just finished dyeing up something yummy, but it's still wet and I don't have a picture yet!! New colorways will be up this weekend though! Stay tuned!


So, about that quandary. I'm in grad school, as you all know, and the semester has finally wrapped (p.s. 16 weeks is a really long time in one class, just fyi). I should have managed a 4.0 this semester, so yay. I like my education classes, however, I'm not so thrilled with my content (English) classes. Not that they aren't teaching me anything, I'm just bored. But that's not really the source of the quandary. Since I'm in school and it's kinda intense and junk, I'm only working part time. And this is not paying my bills very effectively. The only options I can come up with right now are:

1.) suck it up and accept that my credit will be in the toilet by the time this program is over, and deal with the stress and possible collections issues or...

2.) get a full time job and quit school.

My credit means a lot to me and frankly, it's the only reason we have a house and two vehicles. I would really hate to see it completely trashed. And I kind of like being secure enough to pay my own bills. Um, I like it a lot really. I know my two options up there seem kind of black and white, but I'm having a hard time seeing a way around this whole thing. If I continue in my program, next fall (2009) I won't be able to work AT ALL because I'll be student teaching, which of course is unpaid.

I could take this summer semester off and try to figure out what to do, but if I stay in my program taking off puts me a whole semester behind. Or I could deal with learning a new job and handling three very intense, very quick summer classes to stay on track, possibly going completely insane in the process. Regardless, I have to find something else because the school I'm working at doesn't need me for the summer.

Why can't a girl just knit and dye and everything else be taken care of? Jeez.

Got any advice? Share with me, I beg of you.

Also, being stressed out makes some part of my brain go a little haywire, and I start speaking broken versions of four different languages. In the same sentence. It's driving Nate to madness.

The only thing keeping me somewhat sane at the moment is this eety beety lil' bun-bun:



This image is from CuteOverload, naturally, and he looks just like one I found today at work!! Minus the cotton bits of course. So. Freaking. Cute.

Beware le bun-bun. His cuteness is tres fierce.