My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Friday, May 25, 2007

oh happy day!

Just a quick update, and a big thank you for all the crossings of crossables....

I got the job!

I couldn't be more thrilled!!! I'll be working in the graduate department of the business school at UGA. The building is gorgeous (and renovated, my allergies thank you UGA, seriously), and the staff is warm and friendly. I'll be 3 blocks from downtown (hello morning Starbucks and afternoon 5 Star Day Cafe) and directly across from the library which will be very helpful for my own grad work.

I'll also be steps from lunch buddies like Carrie and Anita, and above all, I'll be back on MY campus. So many wonderful memories. There were bad ones too, but I'm choosing to overlook those.

AND!! On top of all the wonderful personal news, I found out one of my best friends is pregnant! She's been told several times by doctors that she can't have children. She was using birth control and wasn't even trying, but she's 6 weeks along and everyone is crossing their fingers that her body lets her keep it. She'll make such an amazing mom. We've had a long-standing agreement that if it turns out she really can't have children, I'll be her surrogate. That still holds true now, though I really hope she doesn't have to suffer the disappointment and heartache of losing a baby.

Yay! Happy day all the way around!

But I still have my fingers crossed!