My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Challenge #2 and the TMI Quiz

I'm calling the Child's First Sock pattern Challenge #1, just for the record.

I have gorgeous pics of my progress, and lo and behold I can acutally knit a pattern (and it fits, oh my god!!). However, those pictures are on a deadish camera. Whose battery charger thing has gone into seclusion and can not be coaxed back into the light. So sad. But the good news is that I can knit a pattern, repeatedly, and it looks like it should. After I go back and fix a few funky stitches, but still, it can be done. Besides, what would my knitting be without some funky stitches?

And in reference to the dead camera, lucky me has another one coming today, just in time. My very own itty bitty camera. A camera that is not as big as my head, that has features I can figure out, and that does not require a camera bag larger than any purse I've ever owned (knitting bags do NOT count). Granted the Complex Camera is very cool and records to CD and stuff, but if after 3 years I still can't figure the damned thing out, it's time to officially hand it over to Tech Boy.

Challenge #2 comes in the form of Shedir, best seen here knit by Eunny. I'm using Elsbeth Lavold's Silky Wool in a chocolate color that I bought a few months ago. It's very similar to what Eunny used, it's even a similar color. Totally a coincidence. What's not a coincidence is that I'm using her pattern modifications. I have a pretty small head, so most hats are way too big on me. I'll be doing the braided cables for 3 repeats instead of 5, while trying it on to make sure I don't need to do 4 just in case.

The challenge part is here: 1.) I detest cables and 2.) I want to finish this by around noon next Thursday so I can wear it in the cold. So, speed knitting on something I don't enjoy (don't forget to toss in the knitting ADD). I'm working my zen here though and I will either love cables by the end of this hat or at least have a healthy respect for them enough to stay away.

PS...I have not forgotten about the Prairie Tunic! I just got my IK mag from Denise the other day (thanks D!!), and I'm even more in love after seeing the back of the top! Major drooling over here. The issue is, the Bamboo I bought is not going to work, and I don't like the way it knits up AT ALL. I've ordered the recommended yarn from The Knitting Garden, but it's on back order, and won't be shipped until probably next week. So I wait. In breathless anticipation.

And now for Too Much Information. I took this quiz out of boredom the other day. It says way too much, but I share damn near everything, so here, feast your eyes.

the Romantic

you chose BY - your Enneagram type is FOUR.


"I am unique"

Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.

How to Get Along with Me


  • Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.

  • Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value
    myself.

  • Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.

  • Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy,
    I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.

  • Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!


What I Like About Being a Four


  • my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep
    level

  • my ability to establish warm connections with people

  • admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life

  • my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor

  • being unique and being seen as unique by others

  • having aesthetic sensibilities

  • being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me


What's Hard About Being a Four


  • experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair

  • feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved

  • feeling guilty when I disappoint people

  • feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me

  • expecting too much from myself and life

  • fearing being abandoned

  • obsessing over resentments

  • longing for what I don't have

Fours as Children Often


  • have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in
    original games

  • are very sensitive

  • feel that they don't fit in

  • believe they are missing something that other people have


  • attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.

  • become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood

  • feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents'
    divorce)

Fours as Parents


  • help their children become who they really are

  • support their children's creativity and originality

  • are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings


  • are sometimes overly critical or overly protective

  • are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed