My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Stash Madness!

So here's my plea for help. I have tons of lovely stash, yet I keep buying more yarn! And I have no method to this madness, only that I must have gorgeous yarn, regardless of whether or not there is a pattern planned for said yarn. I swear, the pretty yarns just jump in to my hands at the yarn store, and I HAVE to take them home. Otherwise they jump into my bag and it looks like I'm stealing!! My yarn has serious attitude


But I need help. Sure, yeah psychological help is a given. More importantly, I need help finding projects for some of my kick-ass stash! Come on! We all know knitting is more important than mental health! Ditch your therapist, grab some needles! Er...the knitting kind!

Anyway...

This is Lana Grossa Lambswool. I have 12 or 15 balls of it. Wait, I should really go count. Wow. 15 balls of this cutie tiny pink wool. What am I going to do with it? It's very nice to work with and very springy. I like it a lot, I'm just not sure what to do with it all. Forgive my crappy photography skills.

Gauge: 25 st. and 35 rows over 4 inches, on US 3 needles.






Next up is Elsbeth Lavold's Silky Wool in Chocolate (on the right). Like I could put back yarn named Chocolate! It practically knocked me over to come home with me! Inconceivable! Two balls. No clue.

Gauge: 22 st. and 30 rows over 4 inches, on US 6.




And now...DENIM! I really wanted to do a cabled cardigan or something, but I just haven't found anything I love for this yarn. 11 balls of very very dark indigo that gets all over my hand and needles, but when washed is just gorgeous, as the dye fades a bit leaving white flecks here and there. Yummy denim 80s goodness. Minus the acid wash.

Gauge: 22 st. and 30 rows over 4 inches on US 3.




I've save the best for last...Richesse et Soie. 65% cashmere, 35% silk. Yum. I've considered socks, but I'm betting the cashmere will pill like mad. There's no gauge info, but it's tiny.



Any thoughts? All comments welcome, even ones that say "give it all to Denise!!".