My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Thursday, December 01, 2005

Semi-Random Things

So Crazy Aunt Purl made me do this. Seriously. She said her cat would claw me to death if I didn't. Or something like that.


Ten Random things you may not know about me:

1. I have recurring nightmares about tornados. Sometimes it's just one, sometimes it dozens. Some how I always manage to be safe, but they are definitely coming to get me and they usually get pretty close. I'm sure psychologically this is about chaos, but I can't imagine why I would fear chaos. Come on, I love being chaotic! I'll go be chaotic right now! Right after I finish this list...

2. I'm an insane list maker. And yes, I'm loving this group of lists. They're even in descending numerical order. The order queen in me is in absolute nirvana. But I CAN do chaos. Shut up, I'm serious.

3. I horde notebooks and pens and am not to be trusted in a office supply store.

4. Despite my notebook fascination, I usually keep all my notes and lists on post-its. See? That's chaotic right?

5. I started college as a pre-vet major. And quickly changed my mind (more chaos). I moved on to English, Psychology, Botany, Landscape Design, and finally settled on Journalism with an emphasis on TV, radio and film. It was an interesting trip to say the least, and I broadened my education like mad. Isn't that what college is for? Still, I regret (just a teensy tiny bit) that I didn't get a degree in some science. I'm smart. I could have done it. But my laziness and hatred of actual work drove me away.

6. I'm chronically late for everything. If it looks like I'm going to be on time, I'll find a diversion. So sometimes I'm just late. Other times I'm late on purpose. I think I just like being stressed about getting where I'm going and trying to drive fast to make it. It's a disease I tell you. And very chaotic.

7. I'm extremely lazy about cleaning. Yet on occasion (typically Sunday mornings), I decide that everything must be spotless. Now. If you're caught resting on your ass and not helping me clean, the day will not go well for you.

8. I order the same thing every time I visit a restaurant. I might try something new via the hubby, but I don't order it for myself. Case in point: Outback = Chicken on the Barbie, side of veggies and sweet potato, butter/cinnamon/brown sugar stuff on the side. Thai Cafe = Masaman Tofu (it rocks, ya'll). Applebees = Blackened Chicken Salad, half order. Barbara Jeans = Crab Cakes, squash casserole, broccoli/rice casserole...I'm not even sure there's anything else on the menu. The way I see it, if I'm going to pay to feed my craving at a favorite restaurant, why waste it on something I might not like?

9. At 16 I had a love affair with the Bee Gees. I still have vinyl, 8 tracks, tapes and CD's stored in a closet. No, I will not destroy, sell, or eBay them. Shut up.

10. Right now I'm horribly bored with food. All food. I can't think of anything I want or like. I barely buy anything at the grocery store. I flip through cookbooks but see nothing I really want to eat or bother cooking. I go through cycles of this and they seem pretty random to me, though I'm sure they're not.

Nine places I've visited:

1. Hawaii - Maui and Kauaii
2. NYC
3. Vegas
4. LA
5. San Diego
6. Naples, FL
7. Chicago
8. Sunapee, NH
9. Cooperstown, NY

Eight ways to win my heart:

1. Make me laugh.
2. Challenge my mind.
3. Be honest. About everything.
4. Open doors for me.
5. Be polite and helpful to other people.
6. Bring me chocolate!
7. Tell me I look amazing even when I don't. I'm not going to believe it, but it's the thought that counts.
8. Snuggle on the couch with me while we watch stupid movies.

Seven things I want to do before I die:

1. Write a book.
2. See England, France, and Italy. And Australia, and Japan and...
3. Have really great legs.
4. Place in a figure competiton.
5. Sky dive.
6. Hike the Grand Canyon.
7. Meet the Dali Lama.


Six things that scare me:

1. Tornados.
2. Wasps.
3. Bad drivers.
4. Religious fanatics.
5. Ultra Conservatives.
6. Ann Coulter.


Five things I don't like:

1. People who don't tip well and/or are rude to waiters.
2. Well, rude people in general really. We all have our own problems and issues, don't exacerbate things by being a jackass.
3. Olives. Any kind.
4. Nails on a chalkboard. Eeeek.
5. Waking up. Especially before 10:30 on the weekends.

Four ways to turn me off:

1. Be rude.
2. Compare me to your ex. Or your mom. Or Gwen Stefani. Cause really, no one will ever be as cool as her. No one.
3. Talk to me like I'm stupid.
4. Don't say thank you when I do nice things for you. Really. I don't have to, you know.

Three things I do every day:

1. Drink Diet Dr. Pepper.
2. Eat a protein bar.
3. Play Evercrack2.

Two things that make me happy:

1. Dark chocolate.
2. Kitty snuggles.

One thing on my mind right now:

1. To eat, or not to eat, that is the question.