My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year, New Goals!

After several months of laziness, boredom and the occassional depression, I've found a renewed vigor. Must be the whole 'end of something dull, beginning of something new and exciting!!' thing.

I've been working toward this re-energizing for a few weeks now, so I'm ready (really, really ready) for some changes. And I love to be organized, so of course I made a list for these changes! Several lists actually, and almost every point on each list gets it's own plan and list, so really, there are tons of lists. Maybe I should get a planner or something because I have some pretty major things coming up...

An abbreviated list: (the first two are physical, so maybe they're just one big one)

1. NPC Eastern Seaboard Bodybuilding & Figure Championships, May 13, 2006, Atlanta, GA. (19 weeks folks. I have a lot of work to do if I want more muscle and to come in at 10% body fat. I just want the experience at this show. There will be a LOT of competition and a LOT more muscle than I could have, so I have no serious expectations of placing.)

2. INBF Grand Prix Figure Championships, July 29th in Augusta, GA. (This one I could place in. Different federation, all natural, so less muscle is expected. They also want a different physical look - softer, so more body fat. Could do 12% at this show and place easily. Oh, and this is a MUCH smaller show, so if I work hard I could win it. And that would mean a pro card. And Nicole on my ass about competing professionally. The PRESSURE!)

3. I would like to have a plan for my knitting, rather than just buying yarn with no projects in mind. I have about 5 major projects on the table, so I may be set there, but I need to review it all again.

4. Set a meditation ritual. I am really the best person I can be when I'm physically active and also mindfully rested. Must be the endorphins.

5. Probably the most disruptive but most awaited change is moving (think February/March). Along with that comes new jobs and a house. Focusing on getting clear about work I can be passionate about is of the utmost importance. I have a lot of passion and I love feeling it, and it MUST be included in my next adventure, or I will lose interest quickly. In other words, I need some career direction since I'm moving! I have many interests, but not many I would want to pursue for a living.

Anyway, those are the top 5. There are several other things I'll be focusing on, but they're more private.