My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Sunday, August 19, 2007

Notes on a blog

I'm going to keep the lotus template for a bit (sorry bout your eyes, Cami), but I might make some changes. (The background of the lotus is black, so changing the rest of the background would just look silly, unless it was hot pink but then eeek!) The lotus is a symbol of peace and tranquility for me, which is why I have a huge tattoo of one on my back. It also reminds me 'bloom where I'm planted' and to create beauty and harmony where none is visible. I've always been focused on finding balance in my life (go Libras!), so the symbolism and meaning is powerful for me.

I need to add back my blog roll, but that needed a good cleaning anyway. I do still read some of the 'rock star' knit bloggers, but I get far more interaction and enjoyment from us smaller folks, so I'll be adding more of the folks I actually interact with (hi ya'll!). I've met so many wonderful people via the knitting blogosphere and it fills me with a lot of peace and contentment to know that there are such amazing people out there.

I really wish Blogger contributed more to this interaction though. I would love it if the comments had you put in your email addy so I don't have to search all over to try and find it and then get frustrated that I can't email you back to acknowledge and reply to a comment. I'd switch to wordpress, but it actively hates me and swears it has no knowledge of my password. No matter how many times we fight, I lose.

I know I know, I should get my own space. But I've no idea how to deal with hosting and all that stuff, and I don't know that I can afford it right now. Nate's not very helpful in that arena, so I have to figure it out for myself. Har. I've also discovered that I may need to get trademarked as well, but we'll see. There is another blogger with a similar name who is selling handdyed yarn on etsy, as well as a handdyer at my LYS with a very similar name, so perhaps I should do it just to be on the safe side. It's frustrating to say the least, but it's not close enough to ask them to stop and I'd be pissed off if someone did that to me.

There's a lot of stuff going on at Chez Lotus, and all of it is good. I'll post more news later this week!

In the meantime, I leave you with the Rolling Stone article on John Edwards, my favorite candidate. He's espousing all the things I support right now, and I hope he continues to work towards these things in or out of office.