My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hot Flash

A conversation with Denise the other day made me realize that I've been neglectful of photo content around here. She even went so far as to ask me what I was knitting these days. Eek! Sorry!

Therefore, though I don't officially participate in things like WIP Wednesday (cause I'm lazy, yet busy, and things like that require more organization than I have room for in my head), consider this your WIP update/flash.

On a side note, I really wish I had my camera with me at work so that I could take pictures surreptitiously all over campus. Some things would be stunning, like the flowers blooming on North Campus despite the heat. Others I could post, but wouldn't be safe for work. Ass cheeks, you know. (I tend to be of the thought that no matter what slutty celebutants are doing, I should resort to the opposite behavior, just to be safe.)

Without further ado, some projects in progress:


Shedir:
I'm using the suggested yarn, Rowan Calmer, for this hat. This is my third time making Shedir, and it's alllll mine, as I gave away the other two, which were most perfect and wonderful, but barely appreciated. This one will be loved, worn and most likely abused. But I feel certain Calmer can handle it. I've just started the 3rd repeat. I think I'll do 4 instead of 5. Just for shits and giggles. And also for my teeny noggin.




(A lovely thing happened between 'photo shoots'. I took photos of Shedir, walked back inside, and then when I went out again with the U-Neck, this little gem was in the spot where I had been taking pictures. We have lots of cardinals, but they don't usually leave gifts. Other than poo. ***Update: apparently the cardinals are PISSED OFF thank you very much because we have not put out fresh bird food. This 'feather' might be more death threat than gift.)



Back to School U-Neck Vest:
This pattern from Fitted Knits is cute and easy. It was going to be a surprise FO, but now it's a surprise WIP. Surprise! I've stalled a bit, as the prospect of doing three more shoulder sections is a tad daunting. I'm not saying it's difficult, I'm saying I'm a lazy knitter who is stalling. It's 105 today; I'm justified in stalling on a wool project. Shush now.

In her semi-wholeness:



Ooooh waffle stitch...




Invisibility Shawl:
I'm not sure if this will ever be done. I love it, however, I don't really *do* shawls. I was making it for the last HP book release and didn't finish it in time. I haven't picked it up since. To rip or not to rip, that is the question. What else does one make with Zephyr wool/silk? Most of what I see on Ravelry is the Mystery Stole 3. Love ya'll who are working on that, (cause my eyes are crossing already just looking at it on ravelry) and bless your little fingers and eyes, but I'm not up to the challenge.




Turtleneck Tube Top:
Also from Fitted Knits. Creates a very uni-boob effect for me, though it looks great on some other folks I've seen. Soon to be ripped.




Next up is Cobblestone from the Fall 07 IK for Nate. (p.s. I love Jared.) He doesn't ask for knitted items often (or...ever), so he's very excited that I'm making this for him.


Photo courtesy of Interweave Knits, Fall 2007 Preview.

And just because I love them so very much, I'd like to introduce you to my new Merrells. It's almost shameful how much I love these shoes. Cute, classy, and most important, comfortable. Swoon!