My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Thursday, January 11, 2007

shit, meet fan

I've just had a really horrible day as the creamy white non-dairy topping to my incredibly stale crusty donut of a week. My first graduate classes have actually been the warm gooey filling, which is not what I was expecting.

But this song is going a long way toward making me feel better. The ending is a little....psychotic, but the song totally rocks. I give you 'Le Disko' by Shiny Toy Guns:





After class tonight I'm going to get the ingredients for these cookies, which also make me feel tons better.



Yummy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. And I'll even be so kind as to post the recipe for you guys. They are seriously the best chocolate chip cookies on the planet. Even if you don't normally eat tofu, and think its squishy weirdness is just too hippy for you...shut up and make them, you can thank me later.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 ¼ c. unsifted all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. Earth Balance margarine (or other soy margarine, NOT regular butter, unless you like your cookies very large and baking sheet shaped)
1 ¼ c. Sucanat
¼ c. molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. tofu (silken firm)
1 12 oz. package of nondairy chocolate chips (Tropical Source is the best or if you wanna be decadent use Ghirardelli….yum)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, molasses, and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in tofu. Gradually add flour mixture. Mix well; then stir in chips.

Drop spoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Eat and slip into yumminess induced coma.