My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Tuesday, April 29, 2008

holy crap there's knitting!

For the record, the GRE did not slay me, I'm still here. Though I did sort of physically melt when I saw my score and realized that I do NOT have to retake it. WHEW. Thanks so much for all the encouragement!! I got an 1130, if you're curious, and I'm kinda kicking myself for not studying for the verbal section cause I could have rocked it a lot harder, but whatever, it's over.

My boss (who totally rules, btw) gave me the rest of the day off, so I had some Ben & Jerry's to celebrate and then took a lovely nap. Tonight I'm dyeing yarn and dancing around my kitchen while Nate plays GTA4.

So, how about some knitting? Remember the Aleita Shell? I totally love it, but my row gauge is different from the pattern, and it now requires math to work the proper number of decreases. I'm a over math for a little while, you know? I'll get back to this one later.

This is as far as I've gotten:

The separation for the bust V section:


I've also cast on for the Fern Fitted Shell with the Ella Rae Bamboo Silk (LOVE IT). Thanks, Nada, for the errata info! It's slow going but I blame the GRE, not the pattern.

And I cast on and have almost finished my Rowan Calmer Lelah too. I'm doing a racer back top rather than the tube top in the pattern, like this one. I hope it doesn't stretch too much. That would be counter productive. For me anyway.

I've also been working on some of my 101 things. I've found a great exercise/stretch/meditate routine that is refreshing and makes working out really rewarding. Now I need to get back to eating better to make all my hard work worth it!

Ok, back to dyeing! Have a great week!