My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good Grief

There are few things that send me into an absolute rage. Ok that's a lie. There are lots of things cause I'm short tempered, but I get over most of them quickly.

But when legislators talk about restricting my personal rights, shit is gonna get ugly. I can't believe my state is up to this kind of crap. Cristina Page has an excellent article here. Not only are they trying to overturn Roe v. Wade, they want to BAN contraception. Nevermind if you need hormonal regulation, or you have endometriosis or you just plain don't want kids.

Oh really? Ok fine. When I get pregnant, tell me where to drop off the kids I'm not ready for yet.

And if I kept it (really "them", cause I'm way fertile) and it/they got sick and I couldn't afford insurance...well we're just all kinds of fucked now aren't we? It's ok if I can't keep them clothed, fed, and healthy, they're HERE.

And they want to call ME anti-family. Pish. No dahlings, it's called pro-common sense.