My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oh look, it's Wednesday

And I happen to have a WIP report for you (finally).

I'm only knitting three scarves for Christmas gifts this year. I finally got started on Nate's sister's scarf, the Woven Cables pattern in Sublime Yarns Cash/Merino/Silk DK.

I knit a good 3-4 inches further than this last night while watching the last few episodes of Prison Break (2nd season, I'm still catching up), then I discovered a miscrossed cable and had to rip back to about what you see here. Grr.

I only have 3 balls of this yarn (about 300 yards) and the pattern calls for 700 yards, so I'm only knitting one pattern repeat. I think I like it a little better than the original pattern. It's simpler, yet definitely wide enough to be a good fitting scarf. And the yarn is soooooo soft.

This is the One Row Scarf for my mom in Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed, in the Posie colorway. It's coming along. I'll probably use 2.5 balls of the yarn and it will be as long as I'd like it.

Also in the Silkroad is my step-dad's Irish Hiking Scarf. He's a very tall man, so this is taking forever. At least it's easy and nice to work with!



In other news, Nate and I did the bulk of our Christmas shopping on Monday. Shopping for girls who are 13 and 8 is no easy feat. When I was 13 all I wanted was heavy metal tapes (CDs were just a passing fad), Guess jeans, Swatch watches and black eye shadow. I was such a little rebel, har. I couldn't tell you what I wanted when I was 8. Probably lots of Barbies and a Cabbage Patch Kid. Gosh I feel old now.

Have a great Wednesday!