My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yarn Contest!

This week has been wonderful so far! I hope yours has been too!

I heard the news today that our 48 Hour Film team got good reviews on our film at its screening on Thursday in Atlanta. I got a lot of nice complements on my acting, but I'm kind of glad to not be doing it any more. It's a lot of fun, but it's also very demanding and stressful. Someday I'll figure out what I want to be when I grow up!! Hee.

Nate's having fun in Cincin, and I'm dyeing up a storm and working on my Couch to 5k progress. Last week we got a cheap treadmill at Sears and I'm racking up the miles. So far I'm on week 2, but I push myself a little harder than the require running time. If I'm not hurting and my asthma is ok, I'm trying to add 30 seconds to a full minute of additional running time to every sequence. Being inside helps *so* much! There are no major allergens in the air (minus my cats), and it's nice and cool in my basement. And I have tv to watch, which makes the time just fly.

************
On to the good stuff...

New and exciting yarn updates! I got added to Ravelry's list of handdyers!! So awesome! There are a couple of colorways stashed, thanks to Madge, and it makes me so happy to see my yarn there. See?



Cool eh?

I've also worked up two new colorways:

Amber (yay 311!!):



And Independence Day (ahem, more 311):



They won't be available on my etsy site for a while, because I'm giving them away here first! Cause everyone loves a good give away! I'll choose 2 winners. The first winner will get to chose the skein of their choice from the above two, the second will get the remaining skein OR their choice of any one item from my shop!

All you have to do to enter the contest is:

1.) post a picture on your blog of your first finished knitted item OR what's next in your queue that you *haven't* cast on for yet and 2.) make sure to mention this contest! Scarf, dishcloth, sweater, whatever! I wanna see!

Then, 3.) email me at lotusknits@gmail.com (or leave a comment) to let me know you've posted so I can come check out your blog! Let me know what blog you saw the contest on, because for every person that mentions your blog as a referral, you get another entry into the contest.

I'll draw two winners on July 4th!

Easy enough?

Here is my first finished project. I jumped straight from a random let's-try-out-50-stitch-patterns scarf to a cardigan from Hollywood Knits.



In Lion Brand Homespun no less. Nuts, I tell you. It was warm, but it didn't fit very well. I knit the size 36 bust, and uh...the button didn't exactly close over my 36's. This was way before I knew what that pesky thing called 'gauge' was. Ahem.


Next up for me is the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits:



Just in time for the book release!! I'm going to dye my hair black again and go as Bellatrix. Muahahahaha.