My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Sunday, January 28, 2007

Yardwork Saturday

Every weekend I have this insanely long list of things I'd like to accomplish. It usually includes cleaning, laundry, moving things around, running errands, and the like.

This weekend was no different. And I did get to most of my list items. But yard work wasn't on it.

After the cable guys ripped up our yard while installing our line, I got to thinking. Our yard wasn't great to begin with, but now it looks worse.

Case in point:



We used to have grass here. Not much, thanks in part to the ever famous Georgia red clay, but still.

So we went to Lowe's and bought lawn fertilizer and grass seed. While there, I saw some pretty tulips and snagged those too.

We came home, did up the 'yard' and started working on the tulips. I ended up going back to Lowe's for some real dirt (read: topsoil), and real mulch instead of pine straw.

Nate and I turned this:




Into this:




We added some gravel around the drain, topsoil, chipped wood mulch, and the tulips to the nandina bushes and daylilies (who obviously think it's spring).

It's not a lot of change and there's a lot more to be done, but it looks better than it did. I want to add a row of something under the window, but I have no idea what it would be.

Thoughts?

Oh! And I already have one bloomer!



I'm also learning more about my camera and photo editing software. Whee.