My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Monday, August 14, 2006

FSS info

Last week I joined the Funky Scarf Swap in an attempt to broaden my knitting horizons and try something I might not ordinarily spring for. Like a wild yarn or designing an interesting pattern. I have some fun ideas, so we'll see what comes of it all. In the meantime, here are my answers to the questionnaire:

Are you allergic to any fibers?

Probably wool, but I wear it anyway. Mohair for sure. The fuzz gets in my eyes, and that takes all the fun out of it.

Do you prefer any fibers over others?

Not really, though I'll always go with soft over scratchy. And I'll NEVER say no to cashmere. I don't really do acrylic or furry things.

Thinking back to Scout’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky!

I like Gwen Stefani's style. Girl can get away with just about anything, and makes it look good even when pregnant. It's all about attitude and putting the right things together, then throwing in something unexpected.




Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern?

Either, or both! I'm not picky, and I'm going to love and drool over whatever comes my way.

What are your favorite colors?

Blues, teals, pinks and purples. Oh, and red! Hmm, I like earth tones too, so add browns, deep greens, grays...ok, ok there's not much I *don't* like!

What is your favorite piece of art?

I love art that makes me feel calm, usually landscape paintings with blues, greens and yellows. I also like art that makes me think and feel (Dali, Picasso, Pollack).

What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face?

Yellow and orange. I can get away with yellow as long as it's not the *only* color involved.

Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl?

A scarf. But I won't cry if I get a cowl. I just don't like the word. Don't much care for the word 'ointment' either, but that's not really relevant.

When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf?

Medium to longer lengths. I like them to wrap around my neck at least once, usually twice.

What is the climate like where you live?

Hot in the summer, 20s and 30s in the winter. I plan to wear lots of scarves this winter, because I'm very cold natured, and also because I like them.

Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe?

Oh please funk me! I wear relatively conservative clothes at work (think business casual) and the usual jeans/tshirt when going out (fuck party clothes and heels, blech). But I'm very liberal minded even if I don't usually dress the part like many do where I live. I'm a 'comfort above all things' kinda girl and could probably use some spicing up!

What else would you like your partner to know about you?

I love love love to be surprised. And I'll love anything you make. I'd also really dig your own original work way more than a pattern, but obviously, I leave the choice to you. I'm easy to please, so don't stress over it, just have fun!


And now, back to sleep with me. I am le tired.