My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Sunday, February 25, 2007

Well my first paper as a graduate student is finally finished. I have a tad of fleshing out to do to answer some questions I posed, but otherwise, it is done. My gaming friends might find it interesting that I chose to write about the grammar behind leet, and its ramifications for grammar instruction. They might also be appalled to discover that I spent two years of my gaming life basically spying on the way gamers use leet, and how it morphs and alters words and phrases. Or they might just think I'm a loser. Whatev. It's definitely affected me and I use pieces of it in chat as humor or for ironic effect, or simply out of plain old laziness. Regardless, the damned paper is done. W00t! ;)


And since you guys are too lazy to guess, this is one of the projects I'll be working on over Spring Break. Pete designed his own hat, now I just have to chart it and knit it up. Isn't it cool?!? I'll probably be making a second one, once Nate sees how awesome it is.




I finished my part of the super super secret knit, so I'll have pictures of it next week once it's fully completed.

I've also been working on Unbiased from Knitty.com, in some Noro Silk Garden. It's a fun black/gray/brown/tan mix, that's sure to go with just about everything. I'll post some pics later this week. The camera and I are not friends this week, hence my lack of real pictures.

I saw this meme type thing over at Lick My Sticks, and since I love music, here goes:

Soundtrack of my Life

Directions: If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

1. Open your mp3 library
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press Play.
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the Next button.
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool.
7. Don’t skip songs.

My Movie:

1. Opening credits: Give Me a Call - 311
2. Waking up: Hardest Button to Button - White Stripes
3. First day of school: Head Over Feet - Alanis
4. Fight song: I'll Be Here Awhile - 311
5. Breaking up: Teenagers - MCR
6. Happiness: Give Me Novacaine - Green Day (lol)
7. Life’s okay: Same Mistake Twice - 311
8. Mental breakdown: My Doorbell - White Stripes
9. Driving: From Chaos - 311
10. Flashback: It's My Life - No Doubt (fitting)
11. Getting back together: Forgiven - Alanis
12. Wedding song: Excuse Me Mister - No Doubt
13. Birth of first child: Black Math - White Stripes
14. Final battle scene: Freak Out - 311 (lol)
15. Death scene: All I Really Want - Alanis
16. Funeral song: Still Dreaming - 311
17. End credits: Freeze Time - 311

Guess there's a lot of 311 on my ipod, eh? Oops. Maybe it's time to diversify. It makes great running music though...

If you like it, consider yourself tagged!