My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Monday, March 17, 2008

happy freaking monday!

Hi y'all!!

I hope you guys had a great weekend! Thanks so much to all of you who signed up for the Sock Club! There are still a few spots left, but they're going pretty fast, so if you haven't signed up yet you better get on it!

Last week was our Spring Break so I got most of the week off, though I was answering emails and doing little things here and there. Mostly Nate and I laid around the house sick with whatever the hell is going around this time. I'm glad to know it's not just me. Nate never gets sick, so to be ill twice this year already says there's something really icky lingering about.

On Saturday I decided I'd had enough. I woke up, declared myself well and set about cleaning my house (well ok, only the main floor - I'm classy like that) for a gaming party. Oh yes. A Gaming Party. Consisting of six mostly sober adults playing Rock Band with much fervor, then Super Smash Bros. with much yelling and superfast button mashing. Great fun was had. There will be more to come. (also, we covered some pretty interesting topics like diva cups, breastfeeding, ravelry, sewn up coochies, saggy boobs, two girls one cup (DO NOT ASK, hell don't even google), and quilting.)

I'm a bad blogger and didn't even take any pictures. Duh.

I also started watching John Adams and I'm in LOVE. It really puts the events of 1775 in perspective and is well told and touching. I just watched "Independence" and they're reading the Declaration on the steps of Independence Hall and I can't stop the tears. For what those men accomplished for us, and for what it's all become. Bittersweet, I guess. If I were a better writer I'd get all mushy on you, but alas.

Anyway, I've made some progress on the mini Clapotis. It's about half done I'd say.


And I spoiled myself last week with a big honkin' bag.

Holy shit is it huge, y'all. It dwarfs me! This is my knitting side...


This is the business side...


And of course, the creamy lipstick center.

Have a great week! I'll be trying not to overload my bag and commit suicide by big ass purse.