My Etsy Store

My Big Cartel Store!

My Stitches



Ack, Zombies!

Yarn Shopping!



Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Look Ma!

As promised, My So Called Scarf in all its glory!

First, a close up of the stitch pattern:





And here it is graciously modeled, by yours truly:



Don't I so look the part of a Starlet?!? It's the plain white Hanes t-shirt. It exudes sexy. And it's totally screaming, "Unattainable!"

I must admit, that while I LOVE this scarf, I do not love the way the yarn worked and sort of made its own vertical stripes like the painfully obvious brown one in the above shot. Next time (and there will be a next time, when I live somewhere that it actually gets cold for more than two weeks), I will do the smart knitter's trick and knit two rows at a time with each of the two skeins of yarn required for the project, so that my coloring patterns are a bit more random and a lot less stripy.

Regardless, this is now a Finished Christmas Gift for my aunt (sorry mom, you turned up your nose!), who was deprived of a scarf last year because of time restrictions and my limited abilities. She watched me finish it over Thanksgiving and said in my ear, "It's worth the wait."

I'll take that complement and run with it!